Tuesday, March 23, 2010

topic 4 task 1

Often (3) Sometimes (2) Seldom/Never (1)

Visual Modality
__2__ I remember information better if I write it down.
__3__ Looking at the person helps keep me focused.
__2__ I need a quiet place to get my work done.
__1__ When I take a test, I can see the textbook page in my head.
__2__ I need to write down directions, not just take them verbally.
__2__ Music or background noise distracts my attention from the task at hand.
__2__ I don’t always get the meaning of a joke.
__1__ I doodle and draw pictures on the margins of my notebook pages.
__1__ I have trouble following lectures.
__1__ I react very strongly to colors.
__17__ Total

Auditory Modality
__1__ My papers and notebooks always seem messy.
__2__ When I read, I need to use my index finger to track my place on the line.
__1__ I do not follow written directions well.
__2__ If I hear something, I will remember it.
__2__ Writing has always been difficult for me.
__2__ I often misread works from the text (e.g., “them” for “then”).
__2__ I would rather listen and learn than read and learn.
__1__ I’m not very good at interpreting an individual’s body language
__2__ Pages with small print or poor quality copies are difficult for me to read.
__1_ My eyes tire quickly, even though my vision check-up is always fine.
__16__ Total

Kinesthetic/Tactile Modality
__1__ I start a project before reading the directions.
__2__ I hate to sit at a desk for long periods of time.
__3__ I prefer first to see something done and then to do it myself.
__2__ I use the trial and error approach to problem solving.
__1__ I like to read my textbook while riding an exercise bike.
__2__ I take frequent study breaks.
__1__ I have a difficult time giving step-by-step instructions.
__2__ I enjoy sports and do well at several different types of sports.
__2__ I use my hands when describing things.
__2__ I have to rewrite or type my class notes to reinforce the material.
__18__ Total

No comments:

Post a Comment